Overview of OSINT-SPY
Starting from Espionage and ending at OSINT, our data gathering techniques has been developed magnificently.In 90's, the security posture of national security, law enforcement agencies, Cyber Security agencies was totally different. At that time gathering, data about someone was very difficult due to fewer Internet resources.But, this digital era has overcome the techniques used for information gathering in 90's by Intelligence Gathering. It includes gathering data from various public sources and their API. Intelligence Gathering includes human, geo-location, open-source, signals, digital and financial intelligence.
OSINT-SPY can find information about a person, email, an organization, person's geolocation, domain names, publically available devices on the internet and so on. It can be used by Data Miners, Infosec Researchers, Penetration Testers and cyber crime investigator in order to find deep information about their target.
Setting up the enviornment
Installing and using OSINT-SPY is very easy.Installation process is very simple and is of 4 steps.
1.Downloading or cloning OSINT-SPY github repository.
2.Downloading and installing all dependencies.
3.Generating API Keys
4.Adding API Keys in config file
Let's Begin !!
Step 1 - Download OSINT-PSY on your system.
In order to install OSINT-SPY simply clone the github repository.Below is the command which you can use in order to clone OSINT-SPY repository.
git clone https://github.com/SharadKumar97/OSINT-SPY.git
Step 2 - Downloading and Installing dependencies.
Once you clone OSINT-SPY, you will find one directory name as OSINT-SPY. Just go that directory and install dependencies. If you are using OSINT-SPY on windows then run install_linux.py file and if you are using linux then run install_linux.py
Generating API Keys
We need some API Keys before using this tool.Following are the API's which we are using in this tool for a time being.
- Register yourself at Clearbitand activate your account.
- Once you login, you will find one section of API. Go there and copy your secret API Key and paste inside config.py file.
- Config.py file can be find in modules directory of OSINT-SPY.
Register yourself at Shodan and activate your account.
- Once you activated your account then login to Shodan.
- Once you login, you will find an API key in overview tab.
- Copy that key and paste inside config.py file.
- Register yourself at Full Contact. You can sign up by using your email or you can Sign Up with Google.
- Once you login, you will find your API Key on front of your dashboard.
- Just copy that key and paste it inside config.py file.
- Register yourself at VirusTotal .
- Once you login, you will find My Api Key section in your profile menu. Just go there and copy your public API Key and paste in config.py file.
- Register yourself at Email Hunter .
- Once you login, go to API tab and click on EYE icon to view your API Key.
- Copy your API Key in config.py file.
OSINT-SPY is very handy tool and easy to use.All you have to do is just have to pass values to parameter.In order to start OSINT-SPY just write --
Then you will see a cool banner with lot's of information and parameters.
- --btc_block parameter gives you the information of latest bitcoin block chain.
python osint-spy.py --btc_block
- --btc_date parameter will give you an information of bitcoin block chain from given date.
python osint-spy.py --btc_date 20170620
- --btc_address will give you an information about particular bitcoin owner.
python osint-spy.py --btc_address 1DST3gm6JthxhuoNKFqXrdpzPFfz1WgHpW
- --ssl_cipher will show you all the ciphers supported by given website.
python osint-spy.py --ssl_cipher google.com
- --ssl_bleed will find out whether given website is vulnerable to heartbleed or not ? .
python osint-spy.py --ssl_bleed google.com
- --domain will give you in depth-information about particular domain including whois,dns,ciphers,location and so more.
python osint-spy.py --domain google.com
- --email will gather information about given email address from various public sources.
python osint-spy.py --email firstname.lastname@example.org
- --device will search for a given device from shodan and will list out all the available devices on public IP.
python osint-spy.py --device webcam
- --ip will gather all the information of given IP Address from public sources.
python osint-spy.py --ip 127.0.0.1
- --skype_db will find out all the contacts and message history from given skype database.This can be useful for forensics investigator.In Windows,Skype database can be found in AppData\Roaming\Skype\(Your username)\main.db and in Mac OSX , database can be found in /Users/(Your mac user anme)/Library/Support/Skype/(your skyoe username)/main.db
python osint-spy.py --skype_db main.db
- --malware will send a given piece of file to virustotal and will give you a result whether given file is malware or not? .
python osint-spy.py --malware abc.exe
--carrier and --stego_text
- --carrier and --stego_text are used to hide text behind any image.
- --carrier will specify the image behind which you want to hide the text.
- --stego_text will specify the text you want to add.
python osint-spy.py --carrier image.jpg --stego_text This_is_secre_text
- --stego_find will find out hidden text behind any image.
python osint-spy.py --stego_find hidden.jpg
This is the initial version of OSINT-SPY.In future we will add various social platofrms API and we will try to make it better by adding database functionality.
Github Repository Link :: OSINT-SPY .